Friday, November 20, 2009

Project Exploring the Internet: Day 48

My wife really wanted to see Twilight 2 last night. It was at the local theater (in a town of about 770 people) at midnight.

My thinking was, if they are showing it at midnight they are probably expecting a few people so I tried calling a couple of times just to see if it was going to be sold out.

Nobody answered the phone. They just had their automated message up.

I stayed up until midnight, drove all the way to the theater and got there at 11:45. We get to the door and she says, "We can put you on the waiting list. There are 11 seats left and 17 people on the waiting list."

What the #$%^@$%^@$#^#%&#@#$&%#$%*$....

I was nice, but I felt like screaming ANSWER YOUR *&%^%*&%*&^&*$^%^#$&^%^&*^*(%^$ PHONE!!!!

How does a vampire movie sell out on a Thursday night at midnight, in a town of 770 people, in NORTHERN MINNESOTA, made up mostly of Christians?

It kind of annoyed me even more when I looked in and it looked like mostly teenagers. It's a SCHOOL NIGHT!!!! HOW DO THEY MAKE THE MIDNIGHT MOVIE ON A SCHOOL NIGHT?

I thought the first movie was ok, maybe a 7/10. I didn't even know it was popular enough to open up at midnight. Then to sell out? I guess I don't watch enough E-Network. LOL

So I decided to look for a movie theater review site. I couldn't find one.

I did find movie review sites though.

Rotten Tomatoes is s decent site to review movies yourself. You write your own review and you can read the reviews of others.

It's ok but the format is confusing. It's hard to find things but it's the best movie review site I've come across.

I think there needs to be a movie theater review site though.

So as I'm writing this I decide to look one more time. I FOUND ONE!

Box Office Mojo let's you review movie theaters. The only thing about this site is that there aren't that many reviews yet. Even the Mall of America theater only has 3 ratings and it still doesn't have any reviews. So while you can express yourself, you can't really read much about a new theater before you go there.

No comments: