Monday, October 5, 2009

Project Exploring the Internet: Day 2

As you already know, Julie Powell inspired me to do this blog. If I ever get to meet her, I have to give her a big hug. This is so much fun!

Of course, it’s only Day 2.

By the time day 102 comes around I may be swearing at her….

:)

I’ve got 5 kids. I’m sure many of you have kids too.

Is anyone out there?

You ever have one of those days where your toddler just won’t let you get a thing done? The day where they just have to be held? The day where your arms are so tired from holding them that they feel like they are going to fall off?

Do you want to know what works, at least for a little while?

Coloring!

What, you don’t have any coloring books?

Today, I’ve done a search online and came up with a list for y’all that my kids have enjoyed and I would love to hear if your kids liked them too. They are all free and easy to print off.

One site with many good coloring pages is Coloringbookfun.com. They have Dora The Explorer, 101 Dalmations, A Bugs Life, Arthur, Bambi, Barney, Batman, Blues Clues, Boobah, Bratz, Brother Bear, Care Bears, Cinderella, Clifford, Lilo and Stitch, Lion King, Little Mermaid, Little Bill, Little Bear, Magic Schoolbus, Peanuts, Pokemon, Powerpuff Girls, Scooby Doo, Sesame Street, Rugrats, The Simpsons, Smurfs, Teletubbies, The Wiggles, just about every holiday, just about any kind of animal, the alphabet, numbers, and many many more.

My 3 year old Waaby (short for Waabigwan, it's Ojibwe) LOVES Dora. When I print off a Dora coloring page she gets the biggest smile on her face. I love making her smile.



ColoringKids.com has various coloring pages including the alphabet, animals, country, heroes, history, holidays, nature, numbers, Disney, and more.

Florida’s Finest Pest Control Coloring Book
Hannah Montana Coloring Pages
Spongebob Coloring Book
Diego Coloring Book
Sesame Street Coloring Pages
Alphabet Coloring Pages
Numbers Coloring Pages
Fire Safety Coloring Book

Someone at the grocery store in town, who doesn’t have the internet, asked me one time what you can do on the internet. I said just about everything. Then they said they have a computer but can’t really afford the internet. I told them that it pays for itself. It really does.

Just in not having to buy newspapers alone, it pays for itself. But when you figure in things like coloring books, one actually saves money.

Sure, the ink and paper cost money and you can go to the dollar store and get a cheap coloring book, but that coloring book only has one set of coloring pages, whether it be the alphabet or something else. Online, you can get anything your toddler/kid wants, and what they want changes quite a bit. And if you have 5 like I do, they all want something different. One wants Pokemon, while another wants Hannah Montana and another should be working on the alphabet.

Oh yeah, by the way, I had so much fun with my Day 1 assignment that I am going to already try something new with the Project Exploring the Internet. I’m going to TRY and do a Freebie of the Day. How long will that last?

:)

Freebie of the Day: AIDS Awareness Button

2 comments:

Judy said...

Good luck with your new blog and thanks for stopping by my place. I am glad to find out about this site for printing off pages for kids to color. My two year old grandson will love them.

Jody said...

That's AWESOME! You just made my day.

:)