Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Project Exploring the Internet: Day 24

There are more than 15,000 free worksheets for your kids at School Express.

Here are some examples of the many worksheets they have:

Social Studies
History
Hand Writing
Phonics


I do have a problem with one of their history worksheets though. It says, "Who discovered America in 1492?"

My answer to that is that one cannot discover a place where millions of people already live. How are you going to tell the Native students in your class that Christopher Columbus, who was completely lost, discovered you? That's just wrong.


They also give you the option to create your own worksheets.

Right now, I'm creating my own Ojibwe language wordfind. SWEET!

I used to make word finds the hard way. Have you ever done that? It takes forever.

:)

I love this site. The days of me spending $5 on a workbook for the kids are OVER!

No comments: