Sunday, October 4, 2009

Project Exploring the Internet: The Intro

11/4/09
Sunday

I've been totally inspired by Julie Powell! This is what happens to me when I go see movies.

My wife and I went and seen "Julie and Julia" last night. My wife loved it. I thought it was ok with some funny parts.

I think my wife actually started crying with laughter when Julie Powell said, "I still have to bone a duck!" I've never heard her laugh so loud in a movie theater before.

The story is about Julie Powell, who started a blog where she wrote about cooking from Julia Child's cookbook. Let's just say it went well. She got a book and a freakin' movie out of it!

So I started wondering about what the heck I could blog about. I want a book too damn it!

:)

Then I started thinking about why I wasn't aware of blogs and how popular they are....

Don't ya just hate it when there have been thousands of people going to a great site for a couple of years and you could have been going there if you only knew about it?

Why don't your friends tell you about it?

Bunch of buggers eh! They've enjoyed something great and didn't want to share it?

BUGGERS!

That's it.... That's what I could write about!

Each day for the next year I am going to write about my explorations of the Internet and hopefully learn about some new sites, learn more about some older ones and share that information with y'all.

I'm no Internet pro. I've only had a basic computers course in college, which means I know how to turn the computer on, save a word document, print a word document and type something in the URL address bar.

:)

So the reader is getting Internet comings and goings from just some guy who is really just exploring around and not some Internet pro.

If I actually write something everyday I'll be shocked.

I'll need y'all to cheer me on and share some sites to explore.

THE CHALLENGE:
Go explore at least one site a day and write about it for 365 straight days.

THE CHALLENGER:
Goofy Dad Jody who is looking for some odd challenge besides the normal.

365 days, 1 Internet and 1 Goofy Dad

Quoting Julie Powell, "How far will it go? We can only wait. And wait. And wait...."

I must be a big goof doing this.

:)

Thanks,
Jody

2 comments:

Jody said...

I'm still really amazed at what Julie Powell did and how successful she was.

Ojibwe Confessions said...

That is a heck of a challenge. I agree with you about those buggers. Keeping good internet sites to themselves. Cool stuff and all. My wife and I make sure our computer is in the open and we can see what our daughter is doing. We try not to invade her privacy, but she's 13 and it's our job to ensure she is safe. We can be a bit naive or lazy when it comes to being parents, aka watch dogs. :-0 Good luck on your daily challenge. Hope you succeed.