Saturday, October 10, 2009

Project Exploring the Internet: Day 7

I think my age is starting to show. I’m 36. I was at a poker league tournament (for points, not money) and Guns N’ Roses came on jukebox, it was “Patience.” I started swaying back and forth as I looked at my cards. I think my feet were doing the Axl dance under the table.

I was at a table with 4 other people. Three of them were in their early 20’s. The other was probably in her late 50’s or early 60’s. I looked at one of the younger guys and asked him if he’d ever seen these guys live before. This kid asked me, “Who is it?”

Say what!?!?

I looked at the other 2 youngsters expecting them to know. They didn’t.

I responded with a stunned voice, “It’s Guns N’ Roses.” The kid just shrugged and said that he knew that (he didn’t).

Really? Kids in their early 20’s don’t know who Guns N’ Roses are?

Then I started wondering to myself, the way older people today (those in their 60’s and higher) might get up to some old Patsy Cline song and start dancing, are those of us in our late 30’s and early 40’s, when we hit 60 and 70, are we going to get up and start doing the Axl dance when an old Guns N’ Roses song comes on?

LOL

I can just hear my grandkids saying, “Go grampa! Go grampa!”

:)

Ok, getting back on track here, I think Project Exploring the Internet is going good so far. It’s taking up a LOT of time but that’s ok. I’m actually staying focused on something and I think it’s helping me stay focused on other things as well.

When I see in the comments section that someone learned something from what I blogged about, that makes it all worth it. Big Big thanks for the great comments everyone.

I’ve been writing more on topics than say concentrating on one individual website. I think that’s ok, and probably better. Sooner or later though, I’m going to run out of interesting topics and I’ll be exploring “Joe Bob’s Family Farm Website.”

LOL

BUT NOT TODAY!

:)

Today I’m looking at places to watch movies legally online.

These are all places that have legal movies to watch. There is no downloading. These places have permission to play these movies.

Some movies, they keep on their sites forever, while with others, they only have permission to play them for an allotted time, so in a month, some of these links may not work, but they all work now.

On Crackle Movies:

Legends of the Fall (133 min), The Karate Kid 2 (113 min), The Karate Kid 3 (112 min), Bram Stokers Dracula (127 min), Boyz N The Hood (112 min), Ghostbusters (105 min), Cliffhanger (113 min), Groundhog Day (101 min), In The Line of Fire (129 min), Knock Off (91 min), Nowhere to Run (94 min), Johnny Mnemonic (97 min)


On YouTube Movies:

Dragonstorm (92 min), Supersize Me (99 min), Jail Bait (100 min), Deeply (101 min), Top Dog (85 min), Monster Island, Phat Beach (99 min), The River King (99 min), Spirits of Bruce Lee (93 min), Snowwalker (105 min), The Last Warrior (94 min), Stealth Fighter (97 min), Undiscovered (97 min), Harvard Man (96 min)


On Hulu:

Windtalkers (134 min), Death Warrant (88 min), Life (108 min), Saints and Soldiers (90 min), The Secret of Nimh (88 min), Trolls 2 (94 min), Black Dog (88 min)


On FANCAST:

Rob Roy (139 min), Dawn of the Dead (100 min), Lone Wolf McQuade (107 min),


On AOL VIDEO:

Heavy Metal in Baghdad (84 min), Totally Baked (98 min), The Godson (100 min), Lawn Dogs (101 min)


On Documentary Wire:

An Inconvenient Truth (96 min), Earthlings (95 min)


That's 42 movies to get you started and places to search for other movies. They really do switch the movies up quite a bit so if there is something you like on this list, I suggest you watch it now.

Wondering which ones are my favs? Out of the movies I listed above, probably the 'Legends of the Fall' and the 'Karate Kid' movies.

On another note, we got about a 1/2 an inch of snow last night and it's snowing right now....

FREEBIE OF THE DAY: Good Nights sample

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh, heh, heh, welcome to the old farts' club, kid! I'm 53, hubby is 60. I can honestly tell you, Patsy Cline is not in our repertoire. Although we like many genres of music, some of our all-time favorites include Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Rolling Stones, Uriah Heap, Kansas, AC/DC, Edgar Winter, Allman Brothers, and yes, Guns N' Roses, too. Oh, for certain, you WILL get up and do the Axl dance when you get to be a dinosaur like the rest of us. That should give you nightmares for a while! LOL!

Happy surfing!

Jody said...

See, Yeah, you're right, Patsy Cline would probably be those 80 somethings. We've got 60 somethings getting excited about the Stones! That's awesome!

:)

Anonymous said...

Why wouldn't 60 somethings get excited about the Stones? Mick Jagger and Keith Richards were both born in 1943! We've never stopped being excited about the Stones since their first debut.
I was not able to find their original performance on the Ed Sullivan show (they managed to return six times, though Mr. Sullivan said they were so lewd, he would never ask them to return!)

www.kewego.com/video/iLyROoaftBAn.html

Allison said...

Thanks for the movie infot! I'm always looking for free anything :)

I found myself in a conversation the other day with my husband saying how "our" music was so much better than what they play now. Uh Oh I've officially entered middle age!

Minerva said...

If it makes you feel better, I'm 51, know who Guns n Roses are, and have a 17 year old son who has a few of their early cd's and can play a guitar riff off of many a GNR song. He's seen Slash in at least one other band since the break-up.
Hope you won at poker!
Thanks for the movie info.

Jody said...

Thanks Margaret. Actually I did win. I got heads-up against the kid I was talking about and I took him out.

:)